Medical Assistant Training - Charter College
Launch your new health care career as a Medical Assistant in as little as 10 months at Charter College. The Medical Assistant program at Charter College makes it easy for you to train for a new career in the medical assisting field right near where you live. Charter College offers medical assisting programs that can be completed in less than a year throughout Alaska, Washington and California. Charter College offers the flexibility of day or evening classes with many classes offered online for those juggling their education needs with busy lives. Choose the medical assisting program nearest to you and get ready to unlock your new, rewarding future in the health care industry.
The 10-month accelerated Medical Assistant program at Charter College makes sure you get into the workforce as soon as possible, without sacrificing the quality of your education. Low student-to-teacher ratios allow for personal one-on-one feedback. Online classes provide essential computer skills training while allowing for maximum flexibility – perfect if you’re raising a family or working at the same time while going to school.
Over the course of 10 months, medical assistant students gain the skills required for an entry-level medical assistant position including:
- taking patient vitals
- drawing blood
- keeping patient medical records
- medical office reception
- business computer skills
- foundations of medical terminology
This inclusive approach to Medical Assistant training will prepare you for employment in front and back office settings in medical offices, hospitals, and emergency rooms.
What if you could start working even before you graduate? In addition to a focused classroom training led by experienced instructors, students completing the Charter College Medical Assistant Program have the opportunity to gain on-the-job experience with a 160-hour externship at a local facility as part of their training. This hands-on approach prepares students for finding a job after graduation by allowing them the opportunity to connect with working professionals while still in school.
Where do I sign up?
Charter College has campuses in various cities in Alaska, Washington, Montana and California. Find out more about the campuses nearest you below:
Charter College Anchorage
2221 East Northern Lights Blvd.
Anchorage, AK 99508
721 W. Parks Highway
Wasilla, AK 99654
19034 Soledad Canyon Road
Canyon Country, CA 91351
43141 Business Center Pkwy, Suite 109
Lancaster, CA 93535
2000 Outlet Center Dr., Suite 150
Oxnard, CA 93036
Medical Assistant Programs in Montana
Charter College Billings
1595 Grand Avenue, Suite 230
Billings, MT 59102
Medical Assistant Programs in New Mexico:
410 W Bakerview Rd, Suite 112
Bellingham, WA 98226
3700 Pacific Highway East, Suite 150
Fife, WA 98424
5278 Outlet Dr.
Pasco, WA 99301
17200 SE Mill Plain Blvd., Suite 100
Vancouver, WA 98683
- Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development, Research and Analysis: Medical Assistants, website, retrieved May 22, 2015, http://live.laborstats.alaska.gov/occ/occ.cfm?o=319092
- U.S. Department of Labor, O*NET OnLine website, retrieved May 22, 2015, http://tinyurl.com/bjzwe2j
- Washington State Employment Security Department, 2012 Employment Projections, Long Term Occupational Projections, http://tinyurl.com/d5wgxp2
- U.S. Department of Labor, O*NET OnLine website, retrieved May 22, 2015 http://tinyurl.com/a2wuld7
- State of California Employment Development Department, http://1.usa.gov/zTAesD
- U.S. Department of Labor, O*NET OnLine website, retrieved Feb 3, 2016, http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/31-9092.00